If you are over 35 - check your blood glucose level at least once every two years.
"Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever" - Nikki DaltonPregnancy weight gain calculator estimates your ideal weight gain for the month of your pregnancy. Weight gain of 25-35 pounds (11-16 kg) during pregnancy is a healthy sign. In case of multiples (twins) the weight gain should ideally be 40-50 pounds (18-22.5 kg). Here are some important points to remember on weight gain during pregnancy-
- Weight gain should be at a steady pace
- Sudden increase or loss in weight should be reported to the obstetricians
- Erratic weight gain may have adverse effects on the baby
- Sudden increase in the weight may be a warning of pre-eclampsia
AdvertisementWhy should one gain weight?
The additional weight gain during pregnancy is needed to-
- Nourish the baby
- Gather adequate reserves for breast-feeding since it takes about 1000-1500 calories to produce milk.
The babyís health depends on the motherís nutrition. Women with poor nutritional levels tend to have low birth weight babies who may require frequent hospitalization. It also increases the risk of neo-natal death.
You May Also Like