helps in calculating the amount present in a specific food item.This can be known in terms of unit measure.
A few interesting facts :
* Just like oil and water, cholesterol and blood do not mix.
* About 1/3 to 1/4 of blood cholesterol is carried by High-density lipoprotein also called as HDL.
* High Density Lipoprotein (good cholesterol) tends to carry cholesterol 'away' from the arteries and Low Density Lipoprotein(bad cholesterol) carries 'into' the blood.
* It is recommended that cholesterol intake should not exceed 200mg/day in the diet.
* Egg white and foods from plant sources have no cholesterol.
* Factors like smoking, alcohol, coffee, sugar, obesity, etc. also raises the cholesterol level.