Cardiac Tools y
- Heart Rate (Pulse Rate) During Physical Exertion
- Heartbeat Calculator
- Pulse Rate Chart (or) Heart Rate Chart
- Activity Calorie Calculator
- Blood Pressure Chart
- Blood Pressure Calculator
- Cholesterol Risk Calculator
- Chest Measurements
- Respiratory Rate and Breath-Count Calculator
- Heart Attack Risk Calculator
- Waist to Height Ratio
Blood Pressure Chart
Blood Pressure is an important vital sign. Blood Pressure is the measurement of pressure of the blood flowing through your blood vessels (called arteries) against the vessel walls. Blood pressure tends to change with age dramatically. Hence it is very crucial that you check your blood pressure regularly. Medindia’s simple tool lets you compare your blood pressure with the normal values.
This measurement is important if you are using a home electronic device to check your blood pressure. Checking pressure of the Upper arms' major artery (brachial artery) that carries blood from heart to elbow is the common method. Please remember to put on the cuff properly and if the pressure is high check it again when you are more relaxed. Also remember that your pressure may be higher after a meal or exercise.
Age and Blood Pressure Variation
Systolic Blood Pressure Chart
Diastolic Blood Pressure Chart
Facts About Blood Pressure
- High blood pressure is a condition in which the heart exerts more force to pump the same quantity of blood within the same time and over the years can harden the arteries thereby weakening your heart.
- Main reasons for high blood pressure are stress or mental tension, heredity, excess salt intake, over-weight, sedentary life-style, smoking and excess alcohol.
- High blood pressure often has no signs or symptoms. Hence it is highly recommended to get your blood pressure tested atleast every two years.