Nutrition Utilities y
- Daily Calcium Requirement Chart
- Pregnancy Calorie Intake Calculator
- Daily Calorie Counter for Indian Food
- Fat Content in Vegetable Oil / Ghee / Cooking Oil
- Calories in Indian Foods
- Iron Intake Calculator
- Fiber in Diet Calculator
- Weight Loss Calculator
- Recommended Intake of Minerals
- Daily Calorie Requirement for Age and Lifestyle
- Daily Calorie Requirements
- Daily Vitamin Requirement Chart
- Protein Intake Calculator
- Antioxidant Food Chart
- Daily Water Intake
- Vitamins and Minerals in Food Items
- Cholesterol Level Counter
- Vitamin Deficiency Calculator
Antioxidant Food Chart
Looking for healthy food options that help you stay young and disease-free? Medindia’s nutritional utility guides you in choosing food items rich in antioxidant nutrients.
Why are antioxidants so important for good health?
Antioxidants neutralize harmful free radicals generated in the body as a result of breakdown of food or environmental exposure to tobacco smoke, pollution and UV radiation from the sun among others. If left unchecked, free radicals trigger a chain reaction that can damage your healthy cells causing heart disease, cancer and many other diseases. Known as free radical scavengers antioxidants boost your immune system, continuously monitor millions and millions of cells in your body and repair the defective cells.
How do you measure antioxidant capacity in the food items?
Antioxidant value of each food item is measured in ORAC - Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, which is expressed in micromoles of Trolox Equivalents per 100 gram sample. Many fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants with varying ORAC values. Greater the ORAC value, higher the health benefits. Antioxidant Food Chart compares the antioxidant levels in a comprehensive range of foods available worldwide.
You May Also Like