Nutrition Utilities y
- Protein Intake Calculator
- Daily Calorie Requirement for Age and Lifestyle
- Vitamins and Minerals in Food Items
- Daily Calorie Counter for Indian Food
- Vitamin Deficiency Calculator
- Pregnancy Calorie Intake Calculator
- Daily Calorie Requirements
- Daily Water Intake
- Daily Calcium Requirement Chart
- Recommended Intake of Minerals
- Fat Content in Vegetable Oil / Ghee / Cooking Oil
- Fiber in Diet Calculator
- Iron Intake Calculator
- Weight Loss Calculator
- Daily Vitamin Requirement Chart
- Antioxidant Food Chart
- Cholesterol Level Counter
- Calories in Indian Foods
Antioxidant Food Chart
Looking for healthy food options that help you stay young and disease-free? Medindia’s nutritional utility guides you in choosing food items rich in antioxidant nutrients.
Why are antioxidants so important for good health?
Antioxidants neutralize harmful free radicals generated in the body as a result of breakdown of food or environmental exposure to tobacco smoke, pollution and UV radiation from the sun among others. If left unchecked, free radicals trigger a chain reaction that can damage your healthy cells causing heart disease, cancer and many other diseases. Known as free radical scavengers antioxidants boost your immune system, continuously monitor millions and millions of cells in your body and repair the defective cells.
How do you measure antioxidant capacity in the food items?
Antioxidant value of each food item is measured in ORAC - Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, which is expressed in micromoles of Trolox Equivalents per 100 gram sample. Many fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants with varying ORAC values. Greater the ORAC value, higher the health benefits. Antioxidant Food Chart compares the antioxidant levels in a comprehensive range of foods available worldwide.
You May Also Like