Medindia

X

Vomit of Dying Dog Sickens Veterinary Workers

by Kathy Jones on  December 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
In an unusual incident three veterinary workers were rushed to a hospital after the vomit of a dying dog turned them sick.

The veterinary workers were with Vail Valley Animal Hospital in Colorado and were treating the dog which was very ill and later died.
 Vomit of Dying Dog Sickens Veterinary Workers
Vomit of Dying Dog Sickens Veterinary Workers
Advertisement

However the fumes from its vomit caused the vets to turn ill with symptoms such as burning sensation in the throat and breathing problems. Testing the vomit revealed the presence of a chemical usually present in rat poison.

Advertisement
"When the pesticide comes into contact with water, it forms a toxic gas. When the dog threw up, this released the gas as the pesticide had mixed with the contents in the dog's stomach", Fire Inspector Gail McFarland said.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All