In an unusual incident three veterinary workers were rushed to a hospital after the vomit of a dying dog turned them sick.
The veterinary workers were with Vail Valley Animal Hospital in Colorado and were treating the dog which was very ill and later died.
However the fumes from its vomit caused the vets to turn ill with symptoms such as burning sensation in the throat and breathing problems. Testing the vomit revealed the presence of a chemical usually present in rat poison.
"When the pesticide comes into contact with water, it forms a toxic gas. When the dog threw up, this released the gas as the pesticide had mixed with the contents in the dog's stomach", Fire Inspector Gail McFarland said.