Over 100 Persons Taken Ill After Feasting At A Marriage Dinner

by Medindia Content Team on  April 20, 2006 at 6:54 PM Indian Health News   - G J E 4
Over 100 Persons Taken Ill After Feasting At A Marriage Dinner
Over 100 people in Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh fell ill after feasting at a marriage dinner, the second such incident in five days in the district, police said Thursday.

While 65 affected people were admitted to Ratlam district hospital, the rest were discharged after first aid, a hospital spokesman said.

Earlier, 35 people had fallen ill after eating at a marriage feast.

While many of those admitted to hospital are gastroenteritis patients, the possibility of botulism infection - a rare but serious digestive disorder - afflicting them cannot be ruled out, Ratlam district chief medical officer K.C. Pathak said.

Police have registered a case. Food samples have been taken for tests.

--Edited IANS

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

View All