The principal and hostel superintendent of a Madhya Pradesh girls' school have been suspended along with an assistant teacher for the death of a student due to food poisoning.
"District officials across the state have been instructed to inspect the ashrams and hostels located in remote areas," Tribal Welfare Minister Vijay Shah said after the incident last week at the girl's residential school Adivasi Kanya Ashram Shala in Amarkantak in Annupur district.
AdvertisementAbout 20 children were taken ill after eating food provided under the midday meals programme and admitted to the primary health care centre. A 17-year-old died the next day Friday, but the situation of the others is reported to be stable.
"Investigation by a special team revealed that it was a case of food adulteration," Anuppur District Collector K.K. Khare said.
Criminal cases have been registered against all the three officials suspended for the incident and the tribal department commissioner has been ordered to investigate the matter further.
PIts High Time the Australian Government Takes Steps against Diabetes Ahmedabad Pronounced Safe with Nil Bird Flu Cases M
You May Also Like