Medindia

X

Inhuman Error: Medicine Becomes Poison, Causing Death

by Medindia Content Team on  February 13, 2006 at 12:05 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
Inhuman Error: Medicine Becomes Poison, Causing Death
Blame it on human error, fate, bad luck or just apathy- What do you say , to yet another shocking case of human error, where a woman dies after being given a medicine that was not meant for her.
Advertisement

Barbara Maguire, 51, was admitted to Glasgow's Stobhill Hospital in the emergency ward, after a stomach complaint in 2004.

Advertisement
NHS, has confirmed that Miss Maguire, by a quirk of fate, was administered a medicine, that was actually prescribed to the previous occupant of her bed. NHS is presently supporting the enquiry procedures that have commenced An NHS greater Glasgow spokesperson has expressed deep regret while confirming that a wrong medicine had been administered, that resulted in death of the patient.

Miss Maguire's companion of 25 years, Thomas Bryan, has said that he is waiting for some answers before he gives his statement to the police.

This case is close on the heels of the Beatson Oncology Centre case in Glasgow, when a girl of 15 was administered potentially lethal doses of radiation.

The Scottish Executive Health Department is incharge of the inquiry into the case.

Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All

More News on: