Health experts have advised parents to keep children away from magnetic toys because if the magnet is accidentally swallowed, it could lead to numerous health complications.
Magnets could get attached to different sections of the bowel resulting in obstructions, perforations and sepsis - a life-threatening infection of the blood, UPI news wire quoted a report by the Centre for Disease Control in Atlanta.
AdvertisementRadiological examinations cannot help doctors verify whether objects in the bowel are magnets or are trapped tissue, it said.
The CDC has suggested that physicians pass a compass near the abdomen to help determine whether an unknown object is magnetic. The centre also recommends that children below the age of six not be given magnetic toys.
PNow Facial Treatment With Cashew And Almonds Funds Allocated To Prevent Transmission of HIV From Mother To Child M
You May Also Like