An outbreak of the contagious norovirus stomach bug has forced part of a Wellington based Rita Angus Retirement home, which has around 160 residents to shut down. It has closed its communal facilities after the bug hit it.
Norovirus, found in the faeces and vomit of infected people can spread easily to others through direct contact or by eating contaminated food, touching surfaces and objects contaminated with the virus. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomachaches and sometimes fever, chills headache, muscle aches are some of the symptoms associated with Norovirus infection.
AdvertisementThe Ryman Healthcare-owned facility denied on discussing any details of the outbreak and said that it had already contacted the Health Ministry. Wellington medical officer of health, Annette Nesdale said: "We are still awaiting test results that would confirm the presence of norovirus, but symptoms seems to be very consistent lasting 24 hours".
She added that they are taking this issue very seriously because the outbreaks usually occur in areas where a number of people use the same facilities. Nesdale also added that they had been taking all the necessary steps to minimise the spread of the bug.
PTobacco Companies Admit Their Products Cause Cancer but Not in Those Who Sue Them New Imaging System Surpasses Mammography In Detecting Breast Cancer M
You May Also Like