Raipur: Authorities ordered a probe Saturday a day after two minors died minutes after receiving an injection at a government health centre in Korba district of Chhattisgarh.
Two brothers, Umashanker, 6 years, and Gaurishankar, 4 years, died within 10 minutes after they received injections for treatment of fever, cough and cold Friday in village Tilkeja.
AdvertisementTwo other members of the same family, who were also given injections at the health centre, are in critical conditions after being shifted to a district hospital for advance treatment.
"Initially it looks the deaths were caused due to irresponsible act of a medical staff of the primary health centre and the guilty must be booked," Korba District Collector Sanjay Garg said over telephone Saturday.
A probe order has been issued and the erring medical staff would be held responsible, he added.
Local media reports say an untrained staff treated the victims, as the doctors posted at the health centre have been absent for months.
PPeptic ulcer bacterium peps up a host of diseases by traversing the blood stream Diabetes in Middle age Could Cause More Complications M
You May Also Like