According to the Idaho health officials, the kid who died due to kidney failure last month was infected with the E. coli strain in the tainted spinach that has caused a countrywide outbreak of food poisoning.
'The 2-year-old boy, Kyle Allgood, from Chubbuck, Idaho, who died on Sept. 20, is the second confirmed fatality of the E. coli bacteria outbreak that has sickened 192 people in the United States and one person in Canada,' said Ross Mason, a spokesman for the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Advertisement'His parents had given him a smoothie of yogurt and spinach, the boy then became severely ill and died about a week later,' Mason said.
The first confirmed death due to the outbreak was of an aged woman on Sept. 7.
'We confirmed what we suspected. We now have genetic fingerprints that tie it to the same lot of spinach that had been found to have E. coli in it,' Mason said.
The federal investigators in California are carrying out an inquiry of two spinach producers to detect any likely violations of food safety regulations after the E. coli-contaminated fresh spinach was tracked down to California. In order to detect how E. coli-contaminated spinach in California, the officials there are examining several situations.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had announced last Friday fresh spinach to be safe for consumption in the United States, as all E. coli-contaminated spinach had been withdrawn.
PHealth Officials Investigating Plausible Chikungunya Outbreak in Bengal villages Cola increases risk of Osteoporosis!! M
You May Also Like