Doctors operated upon a young man and took out at a four-cm long pin from his lungs at a Coimbatore hospital in Tamil Nadu, which he had swallowed six months ago unknowingly.
Doctors, who operated 20-year-old Najeeb Friday, were surprised that he lived for six months with the pin inside, without any pain.
AdvertisementThe pin Najeeb had swallowed apparently gone down his throat effortlessly and the young man did not feel its passage.
A makeup man by profession, Najeeb, while dressing a bride at a wedding, held three-four pins by his teeth and at the same time was giving instructions to his assistant.
In the process, he swallowed the pin, completely unaware about it.
Six months later, when he felt pain in his chest, he consulted a doctor. X-rays revealed that a pin was lodged in his lungs and he was admitted to the Coimbatore government hospital last week.
Najeeb felt pain only when the pin started pressing against his lungs. The pin could have pierced his lungs if it was left there a little longer, a doctor said.
POne third of Infant Deaths from Premature Births in U.S. Antioxidants in Fruit and Vegetable Juice could Help Prevent Alzheimer's M
You May Also Like