E.coli Infection Kills Idaho Toddler

by Medindia Content Team on  September 23, 2006 at 8:17 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
E.coli Infection Kills Idaho Toddler
E.coli infection is suspected as the cause of death in a 2-year-old boy, who had consumed spinach shake. Health officials said the total tool from the spinach infections has risen to 166.
Advertisement

Kyle Allgood, of Chubbuck died on Wednesday at a hospital in Salt Lake City. Ross Mason, a spokesman for the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, told Reuters that E.coli was suspected in his death. "His mother or someone in the house made him a spinach smoothie," Mason said. "It's pretty likely that he died of E. coli."

Advertisement
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has asked people to stop eating any kind of spinach since the outbreak began last week.

Source: Medindia
RAS
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Flu 
Advertisement

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive