Raw crabs might make you ill, warn California health officials. The crabs called the Sawagani crabs, which had been distributed to many restaurants in California, have come under scrutiny after two cases of illness were reported, after consumption of crabs.
AdvertisementThe cause of the illness has been traced to a lung infection caused by the parasite paragonimus, present in the crabs. The two people became ill after eating raw crabs at a restaurant. The public has been warned against consumption of raw or undercooked crabs, which carry a risk of illness.
You May Also Like