Agricultural Workers Taken ill after Inhaling Toxic Fumes in Orissa

by Medindia Content Team on  August 10, 2006 at 4:26 AM Indian Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

Agricultural Workers Taken ill after Inhaling Toxic Fumes in Orissa
At least 28 agricultural workers, most of them women, were taken ill after inhaling fumes of an insecticide sprayed in a field in Orissa's Bolangir district , official said Thursday.

The agricultural workers inhaled fumes of the highly toxic Thimet at a field at Khairmal village, some 15 km from the district headquarters of Bolangir, Wednesday afternoon, chief district medical officer Sarada Prasad Mishra told IANS on phone.

Within an hour all of them complained of vomiting, headache and other effects of poisoning. They were taken to the district government hospital where they were discharged after treatment. All of them are out of danger, he said.

(Source: IANS)

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive