At least 28 agricultural workers, most of them women, were taken ill after inhaling fumes of an insecticide sprayed in a field in Orissa's Bolangir district , official said Thursday.
The agricultural workers inhaled fumes of the highly toxic Thimet at a field at Khairmal village, some 15 km from the district headquarters of Bolangir, Wednesday afternoon, chief district medical officer Sarada Prasad Mishra told IANS on phone.
AdvertisementWithin an hour all of them complained of vomiting, headache and other effects of poisoning. They were taken to the district government hospital where they were discharged after treatment. All of them are out of danger, he said.
PPrivate Hospital in Rajasthan Booked for Foeticide Quack Couples Arrested for Conducting Illegal Abortions M
You May Also Like