Salmonella Poisoned Frozen Pasta Hit Six

by Medindia Content Team on  June 17, 2006 at 2:49 PM Diet & Nutrition News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

Salmonella Poisoned Frozen Pasta Hit Six
In Adelaide, Frozen pasta (such as frozen Beef Ravioli and Ravioli de Brodo products) caused salmonella poisoning in six people .

The classical symptoms of Salmonella poisoning are severe vomiting and diarrhoea. South Australian Health Department public health director Kevin Buckett said due to non-removal of the shell and eating the product in raw state poisoning may have occurred.

Due to unhygienic handling of pasta products like frozen ravioli, salmonella might have spread to other raw food products like salads, he added.

This warns the consumers as well as manufacturers to ensure proper cooking of frozen products. A few days back poisoning due to intake chicken nuggets have occurred.

So consumers need to be safe in handling frozen and canned items by carefully checking the products manufacturing details.


Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Typhoid and Paratyphoid Enteric Fevers Salmonellosis Mediterranean Diet Fact Sheet on Food Poisoning Food Safety for Health Diet during Typhoid 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

News Category

News Archive

Loading...