In a delicate operation, a team of doctors here sucessfully removed a 'minute spring' which had got stuck in the throat of a 11-month-old (RPT 11-month-old) boy.
Dr Palaniappan of Apollo Hospital here, who led a team of doctors to perform the operation recently, told PTI here that Muniraj was suffering from a wheezing problem and was showing aversion to food for the last one-and-a-half months.
AdvertisementAfter trying different treatments, the boy's father Samuthiram brought him to Apollo where an X-ray revealed that a 'minute' spring had got stuck Muniraj's throat.
The spring was removed by the doctors using a Bronchoscope after an endoscopic surgery. The entire procedure lasted for about one hour.
The boy was well on the way to recovery and was now eating his food without any difficulties, he said.
If the spring had slid into windpipe, the boy would have died, he said.
You May Also Like