Hindustan Latex Ltd., (HLL), has launched the Female Condom (FC) in India. It has partnered with a US health company called -The Female Health Company to market their female condoms in India under the brand name -Confidom.
HLL has taken two years of research before being able to launch the condom in India. It is expected to sell approx. 500,000 units in the first year. A pair of Confidom will cost Rs.250/-.
AdvertisementMr.Ayyappan, Managing Director of HLL said on the occasion of the launch of the product- 'The domestic production will enable us to offer the product at lower price points'.
To popularize the product the Government has already placed an order for 500,000 condoms that will be distributed either free or at a subsidized price of Rs.5 per piece to the sex workers.
HLL has a Women's Health Care Pharma Division that takes care of reproductive health care needs of women. It has opened chain of hospitals for this purpose called - Life Spring Hospitals.
HLL now will have a full range of contraceptive products including Oral contraceptive Pills, Male condoms, IUDs, Tubal Rings, Indictable and now the 'Confidom'.
The advantages of Female condom over the male condom are several-
1. Women can control the situation herself
2. Can be inserted much before intercourse and removed when convenient after the intercourse.
3. Can be safely used for both Vaginal and rectal intercourse
4. Does not require erect penis for its insertion
5. Protects both internal and external area of vagina against infections
6. No danger of the condom slipping out during intercourse and semen spilling into the vagina
PBowel Cancer Drug Campaigner Dies After Surgery Germany Donates $870,00 For HIV Prevention Programs In Myanmar M
You May Also Like