There's nothing that's as annoying as a sore throat with the exception of a full-blown cold. However, you need not fret since relief is just moments away.
The American Academy of Family Physicians has the following suggestions:
* First get an over-the-counter pain killer like acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen.
* Make sure your fluid intake is substantial.
* Suck on lozenges or hard candy.
* Gargle with salt water as many times a day as possible.
Add one teaspoon of salt per cup.
* If possible use a humidifier.
If your symptoms do not subside or get worse, consult a doctor immediately.