Having chemical-free natural, organic products in kitchen shelves will help in staying healthy, says experts. Aditi Gokhale and Aman Singhal, experts from All Things Organic, have shared organic products for a kitchen shelf that would help in staying healthy and fit.
* Seasonal Organic fruits and vegetables: Nothing can beat the freshness of seasonal organic fruits and vegetables. These are grown without the use of any harmful chemicals and tastes a lot better than the conventional fruits and vegetables.
‘Having chemical-free natural, organic products in kitchen shelves will help in staying healthy.’
* Himalayan pink salt: Regular, commercial table salt is completely stripped out of the majority of its minerals with the exception of sodium chloride. It is then bleached, cleaned with chemicals, and heated at extremely high temperatures. The iodine that is added to table salt is almost synthetic, which is difficult for our bodies to absorb but the Himalayan pink salt is the purest salt in the world from the Sindh Area. Pink Salt can be added in cooking or sprinkled on salads without worrying about high blood pressure.
* Peanut butter made from organic ingredients: Organic Peanut butter is not just for school lunches but also good for your health. The high protein with its healthy oils helps you with weight loss, diabetes and even Alzheimer's disease.
* Garlic pickle made from organic ingredients: Garlic, which is known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, proves to be a natural anti-oxidant that boosts your immune system besides being an effective curative for circulatory and lung ailments. Home-grown and hand-made traditional garlic pickle is the best way to add a powerful medicinal herb to your daily diet.
* Organic honey: Daily consumption of honey ensures good health. Organic honey is filtered and tested for purity and packed in its pure and uncontaminated form without the addition of any artificial preservatives and sugar. It is useful for treating respiratory problems, cough, cold and other allergies.