While shopping for children during festivals, making a list, choosing the right size and involving them might just help you pick the right clothes, says an expert.
Mohita Indrayan, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of 612 League (a kidswear brand), has listed down a few things to keep in mind while shopping for children.
‘Plan your child's wardrobe at the beginning of the season to avoid overbuying.’
* Make a list: List down the clothes you need to buy for your child. With a list in hand you can group your shopping needs by type of store and accomplish your tasks more efficiently.
* Choose the right size: Never get tempted into buying a size bigger. While you may believe that your child will outgrow the size, truth is he/she may also outgrow the style.
* Involve kids: Kids love to feel valued and important, and getting them involved in their shopping is a great way to make shopping exciting for them.
* Add more colours: While one can never go wrong with blacks and whites; look out for seasonal colours. Quit the matching game and try experimenting with different colours and patterns.
* Comfort is the key: Kids need to be able to move; run, jump and play; without restriction. Shop for outfits that are comfortable yet trendy.
* Excessive Buying: Buying clothes more than required will result in them remaining unused.