Experts have revealed that phone checking was contagious, as if one person picks up their device, and then everyone else in the room takes it as a cue to check theirs; and also suggested some tips for users who are addicted to their smartphones and are unaware about the activities that go around them.
Dr. Catherine Steiner-Adair, a clinical psychologist said, "Many people have the urge to compulsively check their phones time-to-time, as each notification, like and comment was a stimulant that acts as a pleasure hit to the brain, and creates an instant sense of excitement."
AdvertisementExperts recommended the following tips to get rid of the addictive behavior of using smartphone-
1. Set aside specific times for smartphones.
2. Create screen-free zones at home, where nobody should be allowed to check their smartphones or tablets.
3. Replace phone time with time for children.
4. Make a list of things to accomplish and keep that piece of paper closely, so that there is no urge to check the phone repeatedly.
5. Write down the experience that you want to share online.
6. Turn off the notifications.
7. Switch on the filters to make any necessary exemptions.
8. Turn off access to distracting apps during certain hours.
9. Download an application like 'Moment' that will indicate the number of times user picks up the device and will motivate to put it away.
10. It is alright to be bored and uncomfortable.
You May Also Like