The humidity in the air can leave your scalp smelling foul. To avoid the embarrassment, choose the right shampoo, keep yourself hydrated and alter your diet.
Capital-based hair transplant surgeon Sakshee Sareen shares tips on how to keep scalp odor under control:
- Wash hair daily to keep the scalp clean. Use medicated shampoos that have anti-fungal and anti-bacteria ingredients.
- Drink more water to keep your body hydrated and cool.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, because caffeine boosts body temperature.
- Reduce intake of alcohol. It causes the blood vessels to enlarge which in turn increases body heat.
- Try to lead an anxiety and stress free life as anxiety is known to induce sweating.
- Dedicate some time to yoga or meditation to relieve stress and anxiety.