A few tweaks in your beauty regime, such as outlining before applying lipstick, using powder blush instead of cream to using primer regularly, can give you a long-lasting and sweat-proof look, suggested an expert.
Aakriti Kochar, Beauty and Make-up Expert, Oriflame India, shares some tips for long lasting make-up.
‘A few tweaks in your beauty regime such as outlining before applying lipstick, using powder blush instead of cream can give you a long-lasting and sweat-proof look.’
* Use a matte bronzer during monsoon rather than one with shimmer. Avoid any make-up product with shimmer. Neutral tones of eye shadow, cheeks and lips, peach tones that reflect healthy skin are a big yes.
* Outline your lips first before applying lipstick, to prevent bleeding due to humidity. Use creamy lipsticks which are nourishing to avoid using a gloss on top.
* Use a concealer followed by loose powder or compact as a base for the eye shadow. This will make your eye shadow stay, also without creasing. If you need to cover spots, use a concealer instead. Do not forget to seal it with powder or loose powder to set it well.
* After cleansing, toning and moisturizing, always use a primer before applying make-up to make it long wear. Make sure this primer is with matte finish and lasts longer without making your skin greasy.
* Use powder blush instead of cream or gel ones in monsoon specially. Use powder eye shadows instead of cream, and gel. Powder make-up tends to crease less and stay longer. Lip or cheek tints are a good idea for summers or monsoon as well, since its light weight and gives a natural hint of color.
* Avoid heavy make-up, dark eyes in monsoon - smokey eyes is a no! Curl your lashes and use a waterproof mascara instead of a regular one to prevent smudging. Fresh colors of pink, red, orange, light brown and nude are great for the season.