Swine flu has claimed ninety-two lives in Punjab and Haryana in the first quarter of 2015, said officials.
Deepak Bhatia, state surveillance officer of Punjab Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme said that out of 267 patients of swine flu in Punjab, 52 people have died due the H1N1 virus till March.
AdvertisementIn Haryana, 40 persons lost their lives, state Additional Director General (Health Services), Kamla Singh said.
According to data collected by Union Health Ministry till yesterday, 2,084 people have died due to swine flu in the country while the total number of affected people across various states has risen to 34,240.
Swine flu prevention steps:
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you've got flu-like symptoms, avoid others until you've been free of fever for 24 hours
- Stay at least 6 feet away from people with flu-like illness
- If you do wear a face mask, don't reuse it
PUnpowered Exoskeleton Boots Improves Walking Efficiency by seven percent Drug Identified to Kill Malaria, Indian-Origin Scientist says Clinical Trials maybe in India M
You May Also Like