Many may find it strange that most people in Western countries are fond of a tanned appearance especially since people in Eastern countries do not favor this look. Thus, many do not look forward to the summers and complain about sun tanned skin.
The sun's ultraviolet rays increase production of melanin in the body, which results in sun tanned skin. It is not easy to get rid of the tan and bring back the natural color of the skin after getting a sun tan, but it can be done with some simple techniques. Instead of spending money on expensive cosmetic products, natural treatment can be used.
AdvertisementHere are a few pointers that can help get rid of the tan:
1. ICE: Ice acts as a coolant for the body. For excess sun burns, take a few ice cubes in muslin cloth and apply gently on the tanned areas.
2. CABBAGE: Place a few cold cabbage leaves on the affected areas for 15 minutes and see the effects instantly. Repeat it twice a week.
3. VICKS: Vicks is very effective for burns. Take a small amount of Vicks and apply it to the sunburn areas and massage gently. People with excessive sunburn can do this twice a week.
4. CURDS: Apply curd plain or as a face mask regularly on the tanned surfaces for 15-20 minutes to get rid of tan completely.
5. ALMONDS: Soak almonds in water for 3-4 hours. Grind it well to make a mild scrub and apply on face and neck. This will help in getting rid of the tan and peeling away dead skin cells.
6. BOTTLE GOURD JUICE: This comes handy for worst tan cases. Apply bottle gourd juice to the tanned areas 3-4 times a day. Although it doesn't smell very nice, it is very effective in removing tans.
7. BUTTERMILK: Buttermilk can be used to get tan free skin as well as result in younger in addition to blister free skin. Mix three teaspoons of buttermilk with one teaspoon of oatmeal and apply in circular motion.
8. ALOE VERA: Aloe Vera gel lightens the skin within a week, if applied daily to the affected area. It also helps cleanse and nourish the skin.
9. LEMON JUICE: Lemon is great for curing sun tanned skin due to its natural bleaching properties. Apply some fresh lemon juice on the affected skin area and allow it to dry before washing the area with water.
10. POTATO: Raw potato is an excellent remedy for sun tanned skin. It is also rich in vitamin c and hence, works as natural bleach. It also helps soothe sunburn.
P'Pain Killer' Paracetamol Does Not Help With Lower Back Pain and Osteoarthritis US-based Firm Develops Special Glasses for People With Color Blindness M
You May Also Like