During the monsoon season it is essential to take precautions - from your hair to your feet - against the beauty woes that come with the season, says an expert. Celebrity make-up artist Naunidh Singh lists some simple and easy to follow beauty hacks:
* Sunscreen is a must: Even if the sun is not shining, its rays can harm your skin. So do not forget to use sunscreen.
‘During the monsoon season it is essential to take precautions - from your hair to your feet - against the beauty woes that come with the weather.’
* Lip-care is essential: As this season is ruled by all the dark shades on the lips, it sometimes gets very difficult to get rid of the lipstick stain. Use vaseline on your lips and massage - this will help you remove the stain.
* For your eyes: The season may make your eye brows unruly. Use a hair spray and brush them. This will help keep them in place. Before applying concealer, put some eye cream to help skin look more moisturized.
* Feet up: Exfoliate your feet to get rid of the grime in this clammy season. Wear covered shoes because contact with the logged rain water can lead to infections. Avoid wearing wet shoes for long and ensure that you wash them.
* Hairy notes: Frizzy hair is the most common problem. The secret is to use a cotton T-shirt instead of a towel to fix the frizziness. You can mask your hair with mayonnaise too for deep conditioning. The oily base in mayo makes hair look shiny and glossier and repairs dry hair. After applying it on your hair, use a blow dryer for a few minutes, and keep it on for twenty minutes before you rinse it off.
* Art of perfuming: Mix your perfume with a bit of vaseline and rub on your wrists, back of your ears and neck. This will help you smell good and keep you fresh for a longer period in this sticky and sweaty weather.