Severe Allergic Reaction from Hair Weave Procedure Causes Death of a Woman

by Savitha C Muppala on  February 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
A severe allergic reaction is believed to have caused the death of Atasha Graham, 34, after she underwent a hair weave procedure.

Doctors have doubts about the glue used during the hair weave procedure which may have triggered an allergic reaction.
Severe Allergic Reaction from Hair Weave Procedure Causes Death of a Woman
Severe Allergic Reaction from Hair Weave Procedure Causes Death of a Woman
Advertisement

Graham was dancing with her boyfriend at the club when she collapsed. A possible chemical reaction occurred when the glue entered the blood stream; she was dancing and the sweat may have caused the glue to enter the blood stream.

Advertisement
Coroner Christopher Williams said: "She had an allergic reaction to something as the level of tryptase in her body was 178 micrograms, but we are not able to identify what the specific agent was that that caused this reaction." This should serve as a warning to many women who undergo such procedures.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Related Links

More News on:

Allergy Hair Loss Death Facts Causes of Hair Loss Hair Loss and Thinning - The Latest Treatments Hair Loss in Women Hair Loss in Men Hair Analysis Hair Restoration Hair Replacement for Women 
Advertisement

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive