Some misconceptions related to skincare have been busted by experts at Proactiv brand, according to femalefirst.co.uk.
* Myth 1: Wearing sunscreen daily is too heavy for my oily complexion.
Truth: To prevent damage or to help avoid a blemish outbreak, protecting your skin with a sunscreen should be part of your daily skincare routine. If you suffer with oily skin, try a lightweight formula underneath your make-up, or find a foundation or tinted moisturiser with an SPF built in.
* Myth 2: To prevent blemishes you should completely strip away the oil from the skin.
* Myth 3: I should exfoliate regularly to ensure my skin stays clear.
Truth: Exfoliating excessively can strip the skin of essentials oils and spread bacteria. Instead of a daily scrub opt for a much gentler exfoliant to keep your skin in a good condition.
* Myth 4: You shouldn't use moisturiser on oily skin.
Truth: Blemish-prone skin needs hydration too. In fact, drying out oily skin sends a signal to your body to produce even more oil; a nightmare for those who already suffer with problem skin.
* Myth 5: The only thing that will cure my eyes bags and dark circles is more sleep.
Truth: Allergies, swollen veins beneath the skin's surface or a diet high in salt may also be the cause of bags under your eyes.