At an age when children simply live on chocolates, five year old Lola Raine cannot eat chocolates as she suffers from a rare type of liver and kidney disease.
If ever she eats chocolates, her potassium levels soar and this turns highly toxic for her.
'Because Lola's kidneys cannot remove waste properly, things like potassium would build up in the blood and damage the body.It means she can't eat a variety of food, including chocolate, cereals, and crisps. She's basically on a diet of sausages and toast until she has her transplant as that's the safest food for her to eat," said Lola's mother.
Lola's parents are hoping a double organ transplant will give her the new lease of life just like it did for her sister Nicole who was suffering from the same disease and is now healthy after a kidney and liver transplant.