Promising Rugby Ace Died Due to Consuming Fat-Burning Pills Sold Online

by Kathy Jones on  September 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM Drug News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

Fat-burning pills made up of a banned toxic chemical claimed yet another life in Britain after an 18-year old promising rugby player from west London died after taking the pills that he had purchased on the internet.
 Promising Rugby Ace Died Due to Consuming Fat-Burning Pills Sold Online
Promising Rugby Ace Died Due to Consuming Fat-Burning Pills Sold Online

Chris Mapletoft, an A-level student at independent Hampton School, fell ill at his home on June 18 and died the same day.

While doctors initially suspected that he was suffering from meningitis, an inquest into his death revealed that he had taken fat burning pills that contained 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP) which has been banned in many countries.

Police officials confirmed the cause of death and revealed that they are currently conducting an investigation to find out from where he purchased the pills. "Dinitrophenol has no legitimate use as a medicine or food supplement, and is not safe for human consumption in any form. 'It is a poison which interferes with the normal way the body gets energy from fat. This can lead, as in this case, to death from overheating", a spokesman said.

Source: Medindia

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Drug Toxicity Fat-burning Diet 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

News Category

News Archive

Loading...