After playing Holi almost 200 children from Mumbai's Dharavi slum suffered colour poisoning on Thursday. Kids were admitted to hospital following allergic reactions fortunately all are now stable, a hospital official said.
'So far 176 children have been admitted to the hospital with complaints of skin allergy, burning of eyes, giddiness and vomiting,' a duty medical officer from Sion Hospital told IANS.
'More and more cases are coming in since the afternoon. They seem to have played with colours with some chemical elements,' he said.
The incident occurred in Shastrinagar area of the slum in south-central Mumbai when Holi celebrations were in full swing. The affected children were taken to the hospital.
According to hospital officials, some cases were critical on admission but are now stable and responding well to treatment.
Officials also added that they have got calls from a few adults also with similar complaints.
Police are looking into the matter and trying to find out the source of the Holi colours, a police official said.
P Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Irregular Heart Beat Diet Impacting Bone Status During Catch-Up Growth, Explained M
You May Also Like