Paralyzed Girl's Family Wins Case Against KFC

by VR Sreeraman on  April 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

An Australian girl who suffered severe brain damage after eating snacks from Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) outlet, has won a court case against the fast food giant and received 10 million dollars in compensation.
 Paralyzed Girl's Family Wins Case Against KFC
Paralyzed Girl's Family Wins Case Against KFC

The father of the girl from Sydney, claimed that his daughter, Monika Samaan, was brain damaged due to salmonella poisoning after eating a KFC Twister.

Samaan's family filed a multimillion-dollar compensation case against KFC in the New South Wales Supreme Court, The Herald Sun reports.

The NSW Supreme Court has now passed the judgment in favor of the family.

KFC, which has denied the claims, expressed disappointed over the judgment.

"We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family, however, we also have a responsibility to defend KFC's reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food," the company said in a statement.

Source: ANI

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive