More than 70 school students have been hospitalized in last two days after a suspected gas leak from the Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd plant (KMML) in Chavara near Kollam district.
A high-level inquiry has been sought by the government following the gas leak on Wednesday and Thursday morning.
AdvertisementThe students of nearby school developed nausea and dizziness in the morning and were rushed to hospitals. Majority of them were discharged by evening but few are still under observation. The real reason is still not known, said a doctor of a private hospital.
The KMML officials maintained that on Wednesday morning gas leak happened while burning petroleum coke, spread in 'limited quantity'. It happened while preparations were going on to start the chlorinator. However the leak was immediately controlled with no further problems and no leak took place on Thursday, the officials added.
Meanwhile, the local MLA and present Kerala Labour Minister, Mr. Shibu Baby John has sought an inquiry in this issue before coming to any conclusion.
P Widespread Use of Sleeping Pills Increases Risk in Space for Sleep-Deprived Astronauts Social Network Making Globetrotting Easy for Seniors M
You May Also Like