The Nonin Medical, the inventor of finger pulse oximetry, has launched the NoninConnect Model 3230 Bluetooth Smart wireless finger pulse oximeter and Apple iOS mobile app to clinicians and patients outside of the United States.
The company headquartered in Plymouth, Minn., U.S invented the finger pulse oximeter and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions.
AdvertisementThe wireless finger pulse oximeter combines Nonin's proven PureSAT pulse oximetry signal processing technique with state-of-the-art Bluetooth Smart wireless technology in an easy-to-use connected finger pulse oximeter that measures arterial blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate.
The finger plus oximeter helps clinicians and patients proactively identify issues for early intervention, helping to avoid re-hospitalization.
"Making the right decision for patients with respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease often depends on getting accurate oxygen saturation readings," said Rick Eagle, vice president of sales, Nonin Medical.
Eagle also said that unlike many low-cost oximeters, Nonin Medical's clinically proven PureSAT pulse oximetry technology uses pulse-by-pulse filtering to achieve accuracy in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease patients who may be experiencing low pulse strength, poor circulation, labored breathing and frequent desaturations.
The advantages of the new model include:
- An easy-to-read, large, clear user-facing display
- A long battery life - allows for up to 2,200 spot checks on two AAA batteries
- Simplified wireless pairing to Bluetooth Smart Ready Apple iOS devices
- Nonin CorrectCheck Finger Placement Technology, which provides feedback via a digital display if user's finger is not placed correctly in the device
- Nonin SmartPoint™ Capture and Send Technology, which automatically determines when a high-quality measurement is ready to be wirelessly transmitted
You May Also Like