The dengue outbreak in Delhi is creating panic among the residents. A total of 768 patients with suspected dengue were reported on September 13, 2015, in the casualty department at Bara Hindu Rao hospital, where 1,322 people have been admitted so far. Amid the growing number of dengue cases, the North Delhi Municipal Corporation has assured of strengthening measures to deal with dengue cases and said, "No dengue patient is being denied admission in hospitals under its jurisdiction."
North Delhi Mayor Ravinder Gupta said, "No dengue patient is being denied admission in hospitals. The North corporation has strengthened measures to deal with the increasing number of dengue cases and additional facilities have been created to attend to them swiftly. Staff at fever clinics have been increased so that more dengue patients can be treated efficiently."
AdvertisementThe mayor has also announced 110 new beds at Bara Hindu Rao Hospital. Gupta blamed Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for the high number of dengue cases, saying that he was not cooperating in dealing with the issue.
Gupta demanded Kejriwal's resignation, asking him to take responsibility for the dengue cases and the deaths that have occurred in the capital so far. He blamed the Delhi government for the increasing number of dengue cases each year.
He said, "Such a situation calls for timely and adequate release of funds for the medical sector by the Delhi government. Over the last three years, the funds under the health sector have been slashed by the Delhi government. Of the total Rs. 146 crore allocation, only Rs. 118.5 crore were released in 2013-14. Of Rs. 157 crore outlay, only Rs. 124 crore were released in 2014-15, while out of Rs. 117 crore, only Rs. 29 crore have been released so far in this financial year."