The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has taken suo motu cognizance of a media report that neglect by the concerned authorities resulted in the electrocution of 26-year-old Gaurav Rana and his dog by a live wire in Delhi.
The family of the victim had repeatedly complained to civic authorities about the live wire in a park of north-west Delhi, but no action was taken.
AdvertisementThe NHRC has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, amount to serious violation of human rights of the victim due to sheer negligence on the part of civic authorities.
Accordingly, notices have been issued to the Chief Secretary, Government of NCT of Delhi, and Delhi Police Commissioner B.S. Bassi calling for reports in the matter within four weeks.
P Get Rid of 'Double Chin' With a Fat-Busting Jab World's Largest Ebola Treatment Centre Dismantled as Outbreak Retreats M
You May Also Like