Nail biting could actually cause septic infection and may even lead to death- John Gardner, a British man, seems to have the same fate.
John Gardener had contracted a septic infection because of his habit and died while he was recuperating from a surgery to remove the tip of a finger, Metro.co.uk reported.
AdvertisementGardener's doctor said that the former amateur football referee's fingernails were always in a 'bad condition' and he had lost a lot of sensation in them.
Gardener's mum said that she wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else's son and people should be aware of the potentially fatal results stemming from this habit.
You May Also Like