Medindia

X

More Than 100 Suffer Food Poisoning After Eating At a Sydney Bakery

by Reshma Anand on  January 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM Diet & Nutrition News   - G J E 4
There have been recent outbreaks of food poisoning and salmonella infections at popular food outlets in many countries. Now more than 100 people have got struck with the infection in Sydney.
More Than 100 Suffer Food Poisoning After Eating At a Sydney Bakery
More Than 100 Suffer Food Poisoning After Eating At a Sydney Bakery
Advertisement

A Sydney bakery has been shut down by health authorities after dozens of diners were reportedly infected by a suspected food poisoning.

‘More than 100 diners were struck with food poisoning after eating the chicken rolls prepared at the Box Village Bakery in Sydney.’
Advertisement
People started to suffer stomach problems after consuming a bad batch of chicken schnitty rolls from the Box Village Bakery on Box Rd in Sylvania.

St George and Sutherland Hospital's emergency department was flooded with more than 100 patients who were found to have gastro-like symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. Among them, 13 were admitted for further treatment.

A NSW Health spokeswoman said, "Initial tests showed the patients had suffered salmonella poisoning. We have a dedicated area in the emergency ­department for people who are presenting with gastro-like symptoms,"

The NSW Food Authority closed the bakery after a prohibition order was issued and will remain closed until an investigation into the incident is completed.

Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like

Advertisement
View All