Milk Tanker Driver Died After Choking on Chewing Gum

by Kathy Jones on  July 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
A coroner investigating the death of a 60-year old milk tanker driver in New Zealand ruled that the death could have be caused due to choking on a piece of chewing gum when he was asleep in bed.
 Milk Tanker Driver Died After Choking on Chewing Gum
Milk Tanker Driver Died After Choking on Chewing Gum
Advertisement

Stephen Ngatai was found dead in his bed by his brother James Old who went to check on him at his Patea house after Stephen's boss phoned him stating that his brother had not shown up for work. Old found his brother in the bed with ants crawling on his body.

Advertisement
Coroner Tim Scott ruled that the exact cause of death could not be ascertained though it was possible that Ngatai was dead due to asphyxiation or choking caused by chewing gum.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Pasteurization of milk Swollen Gums Tooth Discoloration Types of Milk Why Do We Eat - Nutrition Facts Diet Lifestyle and Heart Disease Types of Food Allergies The Acid-Alkaline balance, Diet and Health Acid Base Dietary Balance and its Influence on Our Health and Wellbeing Lactose Intolerance 
Advertisement

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive