Man in a Big Soup After Consuming a Spicy Soup
A 26-year old man had to be hospitalized in China after eating a really spicy soup that burnt a hole in his stomach lining.
The man in question ordered a hot pot soup called the mala soup. True to its reputation, the soup was numbingly hot. No sooner had he taken it in, he experienced a sharp pain in his stomach and he began throwing up large amounts of blood. The Sichuan-peppercorn-addled soup had made a hole and burned his stomach tissue.
Though the man in question did not have any ulcers or history of gastrointestinal disorders, doctors is of the opinion that it must have burned his stomach tissue.
Doctors feel that restaurants of the hot pot variety boast of servicing the conventional and expensive Sichuan pepper, but could end up using cheap synthetic seasonings and additives which may do more harm than good.
With the growing popularity of Chinese food and soup, one needs to be careful while asking for really spicy stuff.