Watson, 59, of Denver, diagnosed with 'popcorn lung' has won a $US7.2 million ($A6.90 million) lawsuit against the manufacturers of this 'household' snack.
Watson began to suffer from respiratory problems in 2007. Watson always felt that his lung problem was due to inhaling the aroma of artificial butter from the microwave popcorn, which he consumed regularly.
AdvertisementThe doctor treating Watson who was a witness in the case had also felt that inhaling the smell of artificial butter emanating from the popcorn in the microwave and doing so often may have contributed to his lung condition.
Watson blamed the manufacturer of apathy as they had failed to caution consumers against inhaling the buttery aroma which could increase the risk of lung problems. Butter-flavoured popcorn has been in the eye of a storm in recent times, following its alleged connection with risk of respiratory problems in consumers.
P'Health Crisis' Among US Troops: Study First Low-Cost, Paper-Based Liver Function Test Created by BIDMC And DFA M
You May Also Like