Images of festive flab haunting you amid celebrations? With the festive season on, gaining weight is a certainty, so keep away the extra bulge with simple and effective fat-busting food and food tips to lose weight from and expert nutritionist and author
Nutritionist and author Fiona Kirk shares tips to help shed those pounds gained during festive season, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Advertisement- Soup is a great hunger-buster. Make it your mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack of choice instead of coffee or tea with biscuit.
- If you love cheese than opt for goat or ewe milk cheese as they are generally lower in fat. Look for the goat or the sheep on the pack.
- Many fruit yoghurts are surplus in sugar. Go for 0 percent fat Greek yoghurt and add your own fruit (and a few nuts or seeds).
- If fizzy soft drinks have become a regular habit, try replacing them with sparkling water mixed with fresh fruit juice.
- Go to work on an egg because boiled or scrambled eggs and toast are a great fat busting breakfast.
- Calcium-rich foods burn fat fast. Tinned sardines are a great source so squash a few onto a couple of oatcakes for lunch or a snack.
- Difficult to believe but lemons and limes promote alkalinity in the digestive system and prevent bloating. Get them into your foods and drinks.
- Have you ever tried a wheat-free day or two? Try it as you will be amazed at how much looser your waistband feels but you have to read the food labels.
- No, avocados are not fattening, they are rich in fat burning fats. Half one, stuff it with tinned salmon mixed with salsa and lunch is sorted.
- Cereal bars are a quick snack but many are sugar-laden. Go for Nine bars and food doctor bars for a nutritious snack.
- Salt needn't be the enemy it is believed to be. Look out for low sodium, magnesium and potassium-rich salts on the shelves.
- Chillies really have the X factor for fat loss; the body burns more calories just trying to bring the heat down so sling more into your cooking!
- If you can't function without your morning latte, ask for it to be made with soya milk to keep your blood sugar balanced for longer and avoid sugar cravings.