Jaw Dislocates After a Bite of Triple-patty Hamburger

by Savitha C Muppala on  August 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM General Health News   - G J E 4
Biting into a triple-patty hamburger landed 25-year-old British woman Nicola Peate with a dislocated jaw.
 Jaw Dislocates After a Bite of Triple-patty Hamburger
Jaw Dislocates After a Bite of Triple-patty Hamburger

She found that as she bit into the burger, her jaw got locked and dislocated. This is due to a medical condition, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which has made her joints sensitive. This condition increases the risk of dislocation.

But she was shocked and least expected that biting into a burger could get her into this problem. "I didn't think I'd dislocated it - you don't expect it to happen eating a burger. But I tried to eat it with a knife and fork and couldn't. I couldn't open my mouth fully. I felt like I had a cramp in my tongue, then I started to get an ear ache and a headache," she said.

She experienced unbearable pain and rushed to the Royal Liverpool University Hospital where doctors X-rayed her jaw and pushed it back into place. She has been advised to avoid big bites, hard bites as well as opening her mouth too much while yawning.

Source: Medindia

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

You May Also Like