A ruling that use of mobile phones can cause brain tumours was made by Italy's Supreme Court in a landmark case.
And experts have predicted a flood of legal actions from other victims, the Sun reported.
Italian businessman Innocente Marcolini, 60, was diagnosed with a brain tumour after using his mobile phone at work for up to six hours a day for 12 years.
He was complaining of head and chin pains.
Now, his country's Supreme Court found there was a causal link between his heavy phone use and the growth.
"This is significant for very many people. I wanted this problem to become public because many people still do not know the risks," the paper quoted Marcolini as saying after the court ruling.
"I was on the phone, usually the mobile, for at least five or six hours every day at work. I wanted it recognised that there was a link between my illness and the use of mobile and cordless phones.
"Parents need to know their children are at risk of this illness, he stated.
Respected oncologist and professor of environmental mutagenesis Angelo Gino Levis gave evidence for Marcolini along with neurosurgeon Dr Giuseppe Grasso.
They said electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile and cordless phones could damage cells, making tumours more likely.
"The court decision is extremely important. It finally officially recognises the link. It will open not a road but a motorway to legal actions by victims. We are considering a class action," Prof Levis told The Sun.
"Tumours due to radiation may not appear for 15 years, so three to five-year studies don't find them. We'll only realise in years to come the damage phones can cause children," the professor added.
Marcolini's tumour was discovered in the trigeminal nerve close to where the phone touched his head. It is benign but threatened to kill him as it spread to the carotid artery, the major vessel carrying blood to his brain.
His face was left paralysed and he takes daily morphine for pain.
Alasdair Philips of Powerwatch, which campaigns for more research on mobile use, said: "This is an interesting case and proves the need for more studies. People should limit mobile and cordless use until we know more."