Indian-owned Restaurant Ordered Shut Due to Poor Hygiene

by Shirley Johanna on  September 24, 2015 at 6:51 PM General Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment
Font : A-A+

An Indian-owned restaurant in Britian's Derby city that failed a hygiene inspection last week has been ordered to shut down.
Indian-owned Restaurant Ordered Shut Due to Poor Hygiene
Indian-owned Restaurant Ordered Shut Due to Poor Hygiene

The Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court on Tuesday ordered Balvir Singh, owner of Indian Spicy Foods at Normanton Road, to close it down after a hygiene inspector found mouse droppings in food, on the floor and in equipment during an inspection on September 17.

Some bread rolls, ready to be served, had been nibbled by mice and were also contaminated by droppings, the court heard.

"The bread rolls were ready to eat and so could be ingested and could cause food poisoning," an environmental health officer was quoted as saying.

Last year, the Derby Crown Court fined Singh 1,450 pounds ($2,215) and ordered him to pay 1,500 pounds ($2,291) in costs for breaching food and hygiene regulations.

"The premises will now remain closed until the officers are satisfied that the health risk (has been) removed," said Baggy Shanker, a Derby City councilor.

Source: IANS

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

More News on:

Athletes Foot 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive