The Health Protection Agency (HPA) in Britain is investigating an east London pub after a woman died and 30 others became ill on eating a Christmas Day lunch at the pub.
The HPA revealed that it found the presence of Clostridium perfringens bacterium in the food samples collected from the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch.
AdvertisementThe woman, identified as Della Callagher, became ill immediately after eating lunch at the pub and her husband, John, said that he had taken her to doctors on Boxing Day but they sent her back home without conducting a blood test. Mrs Callagher died two days after eating the lunch.
The HPA's Dr Deborah Turbitt revealed that the agency is working with environmental health officers to identify the cause and source of illness. "Our thoughts are with the family at this sad time. We have been working with environmental health officers at Havering Council to identify the cause of illness and any links to food eaten at the venue", Dr Turbitt said.
You May Also Like