We all are constantly reminded of how important water is for our bodies, and that's for a good reason. Something that makes up for more than 70% of your body, is definitely important, which is why, we've decided to list down some facts about how important water is. You may probably never have heard of about some of these!
Research suggests that around half of the world's population is chronically dehydrated, and by the time you actually feel the need to get a glass of water, your body is probably already dehydrated. Can't think of enough reasons to drink more water? Read on...
AdvertisementYou should drink water to-
• Prevent cancer- Hydrotherapy, or water therapy, is being used as a treatment in many parts of the world, and has shown amazing benefits for many. Statistics and many researches reveal that staying hydrated can cut down your risk of suffering from bladder cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer too.
• Be less cranky- Does agitation and ill-at-ease define you? Drinking water may help calm you down, and make you less cranky, studies suggest.
• Shed some weight- Diet-conscious people have a reason to rejoice. Studies suggest that many times, when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty. To drop the pounds, if you feel hungry without a reason, just get a glass of water instead.
• Prevent headaches- Many a times, that unbearable headache may be the result of dehydration. Try drinking water to relieve the pain.
• Make your skin glow- This one's pretty obvious. Since skin is the largest organ of the body, good water content helps nourish it and keep it healthy. Drinking more water will make your skin glow from within, and flush out toxins that may be the cause of several skin disorders.
• Lessen joint pain- Arthritic people have a reason to rejoice. Drinking more water keeps the cartilage soft and moist, thus reducing joint pain to a notable extent.
• Excel at your workplace- If peer pressure is getting the better of you, try drinking water. Athletic performance is also boosted by rehydrating your body.
• Flush out the toxins- Detox diets are largely based on water for their functionality. Drinking good amounts of water helps the body get rid of accumulated impurities and toxic wastes, thus boosting better body function, and preventing a good number of major diseases.
PWomen With Low BMI are More Prone to Endometriosis Self-Reported Dietary Fibs Distort Survey Results M
You May Also Like