Football Legend Pele Set to be Released from Hospital After Prostate Surgery

by Bidita Debnath on  May 10, 2015 at 12:22 AM Celebrity Health News
RSS Email Print This Page Comment bookmark
Font : A-A+

Pele, a retired Brazilian professional footballer who is widely regarded to be the greatest player of all time is expected to be released from hospital following prostate surgery.
Football Legend Pele Set to be Released from Hospital After Prostate Surgery
Football Legend Pele Set to be Released from Hospital After Prostate Surgery

A statement from Albert Einstein hospital said the 74-year-old was recovering well from the surgery, done for a transurethral resection. Doctors said the operation cut away a section of the prostate gland which had been enlarged due to benign cell proliferation.

It is the second time in less than six months that Pele has been hospitalised. The three-time World Cup-winner was treated for a urinary infection in November after having kidney stones removed.

Source: IANS

Post a Comment

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
Notify me when reply is posted
I agree to the terms and conditions

Related Links

More News on:

Trans-Urethral Resection of the Prostate Prostate Cancer: Treatment Options Prostate Specific Antigen [PSA] World Cup 2014 Football Injuries Medical Management of Prostate Cancer 

News A - Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

News Search

Medindia Newsletters

Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!

Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Find a Doctor

Stay Connected

  • Available on the Android Market
  • Available on the App Store

Facebook

News Category

News Archive